Saturday, March 8, 2008

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere

Last week in Los Angeles was just the kick-off of Microsoft"s worldwide "Heroes Happen Here" launch wave. Not only is Microsoft running a lot of major events, they have organized a series of Community Launch Events organized and run by local users groups in cities all round the world.

And next week my local CNY Developers users group is holding its community launch event next Wednesday, March 12th. I will be presenting the SQL Server 2008 content and group leader Andy Beaulieu (who has just returned from the MIX 08 conference in Las Vegas, so he should have lots of news and excitement to share) will be presenting content on Visual Studio 2008.

If you're in the Syracuse area, please plan on attending this event. Not only will you get the best SQL Server 2008 content this side of Redmond, but I will also be giving away a surprise gift to the person who asks the best[1] SQL Server 2008 question.

Also, there is a rumor that our Windows Server 2008 presenter will not be able to make it; if that is the case we'll have even more time to cover the really good stuff: SQL Server 2008.

I'll see you there!

 

[1] You want the gift, at least is you're a geek. But the judging will of which question is best be strictly performed by me. If you can stump me on a SQL 2008 BI question, you'll probably win, but the competition may well be fierce, so be prepared!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness... I think I may have stumbled onto my former housemate from West 4th St. in Oswego? Drop me a line, mate.

Laurel.
http://www.yhwhorthehwy.blogspot.com/