Saturday, November 17, 2007

Installer++

So SQL Server 2008 CTP5 is hitting the public distribution channels, and is hopefully coming soon to a virtual machine near you. I've got my Katmai VM rebuilt with CTP5 already, and with a little luck (including my getting over this darned cold) we'll have a bunch of new Katmai SSIS posts here in the days ahead.

But before we can get to SSIS we have to mention the cool new installer. I remember being delighted with the installer in SQL Server 2005 (although admittedly I was comparing it to the BizTalk 2004 installer, and just about anything would be a huge advance over that monster) but the new SQL Server 2008 installer is a big improvement. Check it out:

































Bah! I was planning on having a lot more text to go with the flood of images, but I can't seem to make the Blogger editor do what I want it to do, and I'm sick, and it's late. So for now, please enjoy the pretty pictures and we'll see what we can do with other posts tomorrow...

No comments: