Sunday, September 9, 2007

Users Groups

As I mentioned in a previous post, I’m going to be presenting a session on SQL Server Integration Services at my local CNY .NET Developers Users Group. This group meets the first Wednesday of every month at the Syracuse New Horizons training center.

My presentation is going to be on December 5th – you should feel encouraged to attend if you’re going to be in the area. The presentation itself is going to cover introductory SSIS topics. Based on my informal poll of attendees at last week’s Silverlight presentation, few people have any experience with SSIS, so we’ll probably do a lightning tour of control flow, data flow and overarching concepts, with lots of opportunities for Q&A throughout the evening. If time permits we’ll drill a little into expressions, configurations and deployment, but with 120 minutes max (and that will be pushing the time limit pretty hard) there’s not a lot of detail we can cover.

But what about your users group? ;-) If you’re located in Central New York or within a convenient drive of Syracuse (Boston might fall into this category, Rochester definitely does, NYC definitely does not) and are looking for an experienced BI developer and presenter to talk to your users group, you should feel free to contact me. My schedule is a difficult beast to wrestle with these days, but fitting in an evening’s presentation is certainly possible. Drop me a line and we’ll see if our schedules are compatible…

No comments: