Saturday, June 9, 2007

TechEd 2007 and Space Shuttle Atlantis

Well, TechEd 2007 in Orlando is officially over, and NASA decided to see it off in grand style. [1]

Last night I drove to Cocoa, FL with about 30 other Microsoft Certified Trainers [2] to watch the launch of the space shuttle Atlantis. The traffic was horrible, but my group made it to the observation point with almost eight minutes to spare, and that was what was really important. I took a few hundred pictures - here are the ones I've found so far that I like the most. Enjoy!













Wow. The photos do not really capture the majesty of the event, but hopefully a little bit of it shines through. Maybe we can do it again next year too...

[1] I don't know if this was quite as cool as the fact that Manowar was playing in town the day before the conference started the last time TechEd was in Orlando back in 2005, but it was pretty darned close.
[2] What a great community!

1 comment:

The Shaman said...

Nice photos Matt. I understand night launches are even more spectauular.

Glad you had a good time.

Dad