Monday, September 17, 2007

I wonder if I will have a room waiting...

I'm going to be in Washington, DC for most of the week this week, and booked my hotel this morning.[1] When my reservation was complete, and my confirmation was displayed, I was presented with these "Additional Actions" on the confirmation page:


Now I'm a database guy, and I love NULL as much as anyone else, but I must admit that my confidence that I'll have the correct room waiting for me is somewhat reduced. It's not nearly NULL, mind you, but still...
Yes, I called them. No, I didn't click on the "Need help?" link. ;-)
[1] I'm usually very aggressive about booking hotel rooms, rental cars and airfare as early as possible, but the hotel prices in DC were so obscene six weeks ago when I planned this trip that I thought I'd keep an eye on them to see if they went down at the last minute. I've been checking almost every day, and the prices I got this morning were the lowest I'd seen for the last six weeks...

No comments: