Thursday, January 31, 2008

Taking off the BI Hat, Putting on the Toque

You probably already know that I'm going to be presenting three SQL Server sessions at next week's MCT Summit event in Redmond, Washington. But now I'm going to take off my BI hat and put on my Toque. That's "chef's hat" for those of you who may not follow the culinary world as closely as you follow the world of database.

Why would I do this, you ask?

Because I'm going to be presenting a surprise fourth session next week as well:

Test your Metal – Software Architecture Case Study – TechEd Iron Architect
MCT Matthew Roche won Microsoft's Iron Architect contest, defeating all competitors in a head-to-head battle of software architecture and design. In this session Matthew will present his winning solution along with the decisions and thought processes that went into his final design. Attendees will participate in an interactive discussion of software architecture, how to incorporate architectural topics and themes into developer classes, and perhaps how to become the next Iron Architect themselves.

Sound like fun? The Iron Architect contest was one part Iron Chef, one part American Idol, and one part architecture. If you're a developer-focused MCT who is interested in deeper architectural topics, I hope I'll see you in this session. I'm hoping to make it as interactive and dynamic as possible, and I know that it will be a lot of fun.

And the octopus ice cream will be delicious!

1 comment:

Dick Carlson said...

"Just one toque over the line, sweet Jesus -- one toque over the line."