Monday, October 22, 2007

Insert Expletive Here - That Was Good Food!

One of the reasons it's been so long since I've blogged regularly is my travel schedule. Normally I tend to travel in the United States, but this month I spent most of a week in Stockholm, Sweden, delivering an "Advanced Topics" seminar on SQL Server Integration Services. The trip was delightful, the seminar was a great success, and I can't wait to return to the City on the Water.

But the thing I keep talking about is the food.

The night before I returned to New York, my host took me out to the most fantastic dinner I've had in many years. I can't say that it was the best meal of my life, but it was definitely in the top three, and I honestly cannot remember a better one. Oh my goodness, was it good. The restaurant was called Esperanto, and the tasting menu we got was the "Menu Arabesque" which you can find online here:

http://www.esperantorestaurant.se/menuarabesqueF.aspx

Wow.

Words fail me to describe the food - although I am a "foodie" in that I am an accomplished home cook and baker, and that I seek out good food wherever I go, I can't tell you what it was that made this food so incredibly good. But I can tell you this: Because of this dinner I ended up getting 1.5 hours of sleep before starting my 27 hour trip home[1] and I have no regrets. I'd do it again in a second if the opportunity were to present itself.

With that said... Hey Tobias - when am I coming back to Stockholm? ;-)


[1] This is thanks to Air France and JFK. The trip was supposed to be much shorter.

No comments: