Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Welcome to the BI Polar Blog

I've been working for more than 10 years as a software developer and trainer, with a strong focus on Microsoft database and development technologies. If it has to do with SQL Server or the .NET Framework, odds are I've been there and done that. For the last year or so I've been working more and more with the Microsoft Business Intelligence platform, specifically SQL Server 2005 Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Microsoft Office 2007. This a great toolset, but I haven't found the same level of community support online that I'm accustomed to seeing with other more mainstream Microsoft development technologies like .NET and SQL Server.

So... in an effort to start doing my part, I'm starting a blog to share my pains and joys and lessons learned with the Microsoft BI community at large. I'm pretty busy these days working on some exciting BI projects, but hopefully I'll still be able to post regularly. Stay tuned!

No comments: